Terms of sale
1. This is a public auction and mailbid sale conducted by Ars Coin Wien. Subject to our consent, liberty for bidding by sellers and/or consignors is hereby reserved.
2. A 18% buyer’s charge will be added to the “hammer price” or winning bid of each lot.
3. All material shall be sold to the highest bidder as determined by the Auctioneer. If any dispute arises during or immediately after the sale of a lot, the Auctioneer shall have the right to recall the lot and put it up for sale again. Bids are to be made in EURO currency only.
4. Terms of this sale are strictly cash with payment due immediately upon receipt of invoice. Title to all lots remains with consignor until paid in full.
5. All bids must be per lot as numbered in this catalogue. Lots will be sold in their numbered sequence unless Auctioneer directs otherwise. Auctioneer can not be responsible for errors in bidding. Please make certain that you bid on the correct lot and that your bid is the maximum you are willing to pay.
6. A base price is provided for each lot. Lots may sell for equal or above this base price. No bid below the base price will be accepted.
7. If Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, determines that any numismatic property is substantially and materially different from that represented in the catalogue of sale, or in any written advertisement or material, the sale shall be cancelled and Auctioneer shall refund the purchase price to the Buyer.
8. All items in this catalogue are guaranteed to be genuine unless specifically stated otherwise in the lot description. Claims to the contrary must be made in writing within 7 days after receipt of the lot. Any returned lot must be intact and in its original unopened holder. No lot may be returned without prior written consent. In no event may any lot be returned after thirty (30) days from the date of the sale. LATE REMITTANCE FOR PURCHASES CONSTITUTES JUST CAUSE TO ABROGATE ALL RETURN PRIVILEGES FOR ANY REASON.
9. Grading is a subjective description, in the opinion of the cataloguer as to the state of preservation, method of strike and overall appearance of a particular coin or lot. The term “Proof” or “Specimen” is used to describe a method of manufacture and is not a grade or condition or an attribution; Auctioneer does not represent that any coin catalogued will meet the standards, or the grade, of any third party or third party grading services. Adjectival descriptions and terminology (which can and does vary among experts and knowledgeable purchasers), when utilized in the catalogue, are strictly the opinion of the cataloguer and shall not be deemed to be part of the description; i.e., it is an opinion only and not a warranty of any kind.
10. This is not an approval sale. Bidders are expected to promptly purchase all lots awarded to them by the auctioneer. Floor bidders are encouraged to carefully examine all lots which they are interested in purchasing, since NO LOTS MAY BE RETURNED BY FLOOR BUYERS, INCLUDING THOSE LOTS WHERE THE BIDDER IS ACTING AS AGENT FOR ANOTHER PARTY, OR BY MAIL BIDDERS WHO HAVE EXAMINED THE LOT PRIOR TO THE SALE.
11. Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse to honour any bid or to limit the amount of any bid which, in his opinion, is not submitted in “Good Faith”, or, as the case dictates, is not supported by satisfactory credit and numismatic references, as Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, shall determine. A bid is also considered not made in “Good Faith” when it is made by an insolvent or irresponsible person, or a person under the age of eighteen. Auctioneer reserves the right to exclude any person it deems in its sole opinion is disruptive to the sale or is otherwise commercially unsuitable. Auctioneer reserves the right to rescind the sale in the event of any non-payment, breach of warranty, disputed ownership, Auctioneer’s clerical error or omission in exercising bids and reserves or otherwise.
12. All photographs in this catalog are of the actual items being sold.
13. Postage, insurance and sales tax, if required by law to be collected, will be added to the invoice for any lot(s) invoiced to successful bidders.
14. Auctioneer reserves the right to require payment in full before delivering any lot to a successful bidder. It is the buyer’s responsibility and obligation to have the lots fully insured while in his/her possession. Risk or loss is on the buyer. Please send shipping instructions. Normally all lots will be sent via registered mail.
15. In the event a bidder fails to make remittance promptly, auctioneer reserves the right to resell the merchandise and bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and also to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid.
16. Auctioneer reserves the right to postpone the auction sale for a reasonable period of time, as the result of any significant relevant event, which, in the judgment of Auctioneer, reasonably exercised, make it inadvisable to hold the auction.
17. In the event Auctioneer shall, for any reason other than set forth in paragraph 8, be unable to deliver the property sought to be purchases, its liability therefore shall be limited to the rescission of the sale and refund of the purchase price and buyer’s. Auctioneer shall have no liability for damages, incidental, consequential or otherwise, arising out of its failure to deliver any property purchased, and all bidders agree to this.
18. Auctioneer shall have a lien against the merchandise purchased by the buyer and any other property of the buyer then held by Auctioneer to secure payment of the auction invoice(s) and any other amounts due to Auctioneer from the buyer.
19. It is unlawful and illegal for Bidders to collude, pool, or agree with another Bidder to pay less than the fair value for lot(s). Bidders in the sale acknowledge that the law provides for substantial penalties in the form of treble damages and attorney’s fees and costs for those who violate these provisions.
20. Bidding in this sale (by any means) or participating in this sale constitutes acceptance by the bidder or participant of all the fore mentioned terms and conditions of the sale.
21. The terms of sale exist in several languages. In the event of dispute, the Italian version is considered valid.
- Bank Wire transfer: