1. All the lots will be on display at our office only by appointment.
2. Auction bidding is conducted in British Pounds. The highest bidder is acknowledged by the auctioneer. Bidding begins at 50-80% of the estimate, provided no higher offers have been submitted. The successful bidder has committed himself personally to the purchases made, he cannot claim to have acted on behalf of a third party.
3. Absentee bidders can bid up to 2 hours before the auction by writing, telephone or electronically. The Auction House may require a bank reference and/or guarantee. The Auction House reserves the right to deny a person from participating in the auction.
4. The auctioneer may raise or reject a bid without giving a reason, and furthermore reserves the right to combine or split up catalogue lots, or to offer them out of sequence or omit or withdraw them from the auction.
5. A commission of 20% will be levied on the hammer price. Payment is in British Pounds and is immediately due upon adjudication of the lot. Late payments will incur a monthly default interest by 1%.
6. Shipping and insurance are at the buyer’s cost and risk. Any fees and charges payable abroad are borne by the buyer (successful bidder) who is responsible for acquiring the necessary information about any applicable customs and foreign exchange regulations. The Auction House accepts no liability for any contraventions of such regulations.
7. The Auction House offers an unconditional and unlimited guarantee for the authenticity of coins. All identifications and descriptions of the items sold in this catalogue are statements of opinion and were made in good faith.
8. The objects which come under the hammer are auctioned on behalf of a third party or are the property of the Auction House. The buyer (successful bidder) has no entitlement to have the identity of the consignor disclosed to them and acknowledges that the Auction House might receive a commission from the consignor for the sale.
9. The above conditions are a component of each individual contract of sale concluded at the auction. Alterations must be made in writing in order to be valid. If any parts of these terms and conditions should be no longer or not fully in conformity with the valid legal situation, this shall not affect the content and validity of the remaining parts.
10. The contractual relationship between parties is subject in all facets to British law. The exclusive court of jurisdiction is London.
- International money order
- Bank Wire transfer to:
Bank Tranfer UK - Payment £ (pounds)
London Ancient Coins Ltd
HSBC: Sort Code 40-05-31 - Account number 01518240 IBAN GB35MIDL40053101518240 Swift/ BIC MIDLGB22
Barclays: Sort Code 20-79-73 - Account number 43874001 IBAN GB41BARC20797343874001 Swift/BIC BARCGB22
London Ancient Coins Ltd
Barclays: IBAN GB98BARC20797377595122 Swift/BIC BARCGB22
Paypal email@example.com + 3.9%